- Prep: 20 Mins / Cook: 0 Mins
- Serves 4
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Aquafaba Aquafaba 2 chickpea cans 2 chickpea cans
- Powdered Sugar Icing Sugar 30g 4 tbsp
- Dark Chocolate Dark Chocolate 130g 1 cup
- 1.*This mousse needs 80mins in the fridge before serving, so dont forget to factor that in!*
- 2.Peel the side of a chocolate bar to create a small handful of chocolate shavings and set aside for later.
- 3.Melt the remaining dark chocolate in a water bath.
- 4.Meanwhile add the preservation water (aquafaba) of 2 cans of chickpeas to a food processor. Aquafaba is a great vegan baking substitute for eggs.
- 5.Your food processor may come with several different processing blades. For this mousse we used the cream/whip blade to whip into a fluffy creamy texture.
- 6.Blend the aquafaba for 1 minute, pause and then add the sugar. Blend for a further 7 minutes or so until the cream is super fluffy.
- 7.Then pour the cream into a mixing bowl and slowly add the melted chocolate. Stir in a circular motion for 3 minutes to blend well.
- 8.Pour the mousse into your ramekins and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 9.Top your mousses with the chocolate shavings and a pinch of salt (optional).
- 10.Refrigerate for a further hour before serving. Enjoy!