- Prep: 15 Mins / Cook: 25 Mins
- Serves 8
It's hard to stop yourself once you've had a bite of one of our gorgeous Mexican chocolate muffins! Soft and moist, with a rich chocolate cacao flavor with a hint of spice and cinnamon - delicious! Treat yourself and pop these vegan and gluten free muffins into your free meal planner!Gluten Free Dairy Free
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Buckwheat Flour Buckwheat Flour 120g 1 cup
- Almond Meal Almond Meal 50g 2/5 cup
- Unsweetened Cacao Powder Unsweetened Cacao Powder 60g 3/5 cup
- Almond Butter Almond Butter 80g 1/3 cup
- Brown Sugar Brown Sugar 100g 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened Apple Sauce Unsweetened Apple Sauce 6 tbsp 6 tbsp
- Baking Powder Baking Powder 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Baking Soda Bicarbonate of Soda 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Cornstarch Cornflour 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- Ground Cayenne Pepper Ground Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon Ground Cinnamon 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Almond Milk Almond Milk 180ml 3/4 cup
- Instant Espresso Powder Instant Espresso Powder 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Dark Chocolate Dark Chocolate 110g 4/5 cup
- Coconut Oil Coconut Oil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1.Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2.In a big bowl mix together all dry ingredients and in a seperate bowl mix together wet ingredients.
- 3.Once everything is well combined, pour wet mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture and mix well with a spatula or big spoon until batter is smooth.
- 4.Roughly chop chocolate and fold 2/3 of the chocolate carefully into the batter.
- 5.Grease muffin holes and add 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp of batter to each hole.
- 6.Now sprinkle the leftover chocolate on top of each muffin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 7.Let the muffins cool down for at least 15 – 20 min before eating.