Vegan Coconut Polenta Cake
- Prep: 15 Mins / Cook: 45 Mins
- Serves 8
This light and fluffy cake combines polenta, coconut, banana and almonds to produce a succulent dessert. Vegan and gluten free it's a tried and trusted crowdpleaser but be warned it won't last long before it's all gone!Gluten Free Dairy Free
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Ground Flaxseed Ground Flaxseed 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Water Water 80ml 1/3 cup
- Vegan Butter Vegan Butter 200g 7/8 cup
- Caster Sugar Caster Sugar 200g 1 cup
- Polenta Polenta 125g 3/4 cup
- Shredded Coconut Desiccated Coconut 125g 1 & 1/4 cup
- Ground Almonds Ground Almonds 100g 5/6 cup
- Baking Powder Baking Powder 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp
- Sea Salt Sea Salt pinch pinch
- Banana Banana 2 2
- Coconut Oil Coconut Oil 60ml 1/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar Icing Sugar 30g 1/4 cup
- 1.Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease a 23cm springform cake tin.
- 2.Add ground flaxseed to 1/3 cup (80ml) water and set aside.
- 3.Combine butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- 4.Combine polenta, coconut, ground almonds and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- 5.Combine bananas, flaxseed mixture and coconut oil to a small mixing bowl and mix well.
- 6.Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, then add banana mixture and mix until just combined.
- 7.Spoon mixture into cake tin and bake for 40min or until golden brown, and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 8.Allow to cool, remove from cake tin and dust with powdered (icing) sugar.
- 9.Serve and enjoy!