- Prep: 15 Mins / Cook: 30 Mins
- Serves 2
Here we have a delicious vegan version of the classic Italian dish, Carbonara. To keep it dairy free, we instead use much healthier cashew parmesan combined with nutritional yeast to create the classic white cheese sauce. A splash of white wine, fresh parsley and coconut bacon make this an unmissable pasta recipe!Dairy Free High Protein
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Spaghetti Pasta Spaghetti Pasta 300 3 cups
- Zucchini Courgette 2 2
- Soy Cream Soya Cream 6 tbsp 6 tbsp
- Yellow Onion Brown Onion 1 1
- Garlic Garlic 1 clove 1 clove
- White Wine White Wine 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Nutritional Yeast Nutritional Yeast 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper pinch pinch
- Cashew Parmesan Cashew Parmesan 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Flat Leaf Parsley Flat Leaf Parsley 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Coconut Bacon Coconut Bacon 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1.Cook spaghetti as per package instructions, meanwhile prepare sauce.
- 2.Slice up the peeled courgettes (zucchini) and saute together with garlic and white onion in olive oil, until courgettes are soft and onions are translucent. Add to the high-speed blender together with nutritional yeast and soy cream and blend until smooth and creamy on high speed. Once the spaghetti are ready, drain them and set them aside.
- 3.In a frying pan bring olive oil to a heat, sautee red onion and once the onion is sauteed and translucent, add a splash of white wine.
- 4.Pour sauce over spaghetti and simmer for 15min, season with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper, add coconut bacon and garnish with flat leaf parsley.
- 5.*Note: you can use oat cream or almond cream instead of the soy cream, as you prefer ;)