- Prep: 10 Mins / Cook: 30 Mins
- Serves 10
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Self Raising Flour Self Raising Flour 150g 1 & 1/5 cups
- Dark Chocolate Dark Chocolate 130g 1 cup
- Caster Sugar Caster Sugar 130g 3/5 cup
- Unsweetened Almond Milk Unsweetened Almond Milk 200ml 4/5 cup
- Table Salt Table Salt 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract Vanilla Extract 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Cocoa Powder Cocoa Powder 3 tsp 3 tsp
- Vegetable Oil Vegetable Oil 70ml 5 tbsp
- Walnuts Walnuts 70g 5 tbsp
- 1.Preheat an oven to 170?C.
- 2.Grease a square cake tin with vegetable oil and line with parchment baking paper.
- 3.Break the dark chocolate into a bowl. Fill a small saucepan ¼ of the way up with hot water, place over a low heat and place the bowl on top, stir until all the chocolate is melted (make sure the water level is not too high as you don’t want water to leak into the bowl).
- 4.Sift the flour, sugar, salt and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl.
- 5.Pour in all the wet ingredients (including the melted chocolate), and gently stir. Then stir in 3/4 of the finely chopped walnuts.
- 6.Pour the mixture into the lined cake tin, top with the remaining walnuts and bake for 30 minutes.
- 7.Cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes then cut into 5 x 5cm squares to serve