- Prep: 15 Mins / Cook: 10 Mins
- Serves 12
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Maple Syrup Maple Syrup 80g 1/4 cup
- Tahini Tahini 55g 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract Vanilla Extract 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Almond Meal Almond Meal 30g 1/4 cup
- Brown Rice Flour Brown Rice Flour 90g 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder Baking Powder 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp
- Table Salt Table Salt 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp
- Cacao Powder Cacao Powder 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Almond Milk Almond Milk 60ml 1/4 cup
- White Sesame Seeds White Sesame Seeds 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Black Sesame Seeds Black Sesame Seeds 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 1.Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- 2.Combine maple syrup, tahini and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl and mix well until there are no more lumps.
- 3.Combine flours and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- 4.Divide flour mixture into two bowls, and add cacao powder to one bowl, whisking to combine.
- 5.Divide tahini mixture between bowls, adding almond milk a tsp at a time (I usually add 2 tsp to the light mixture, and 4 tsp to the cacao mixture) and mix by hand until mixture becomes doughy, sticks together, and can easily be rolled into a ball without breaking.
- 6.Prepare two plates for dough rolling, with white sesame seeds in one plate, and black sesame seeds in another.
- 7.Divide light dough mixture into 6 even pieces, roll each piece into a ball and, one by one, roll each piece in the plate with black sesame seeds.
- 8.Repeat steps with cacao dough, placing each piece onto the plate with white seame seeds.
- 9.Place dough balls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing it at least 3cm apart. Press each ball down with the bottom of a flat bottomed glass or measuring cup to form a round disc about 3 to 5mm thick.
- 10.Bake for 10min until golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.