- Prep: 3 Mins / Cook: 25 Mins
- Serves 2
This almond rice pudding is a creamy, comforting, cardamom spiced dessert that can be served hot or cold, all year round! It’s fresh and light and ready in under 30 minutes. Add this vegan dessert to your free meal plan and follow our step by step instructions to whip it up in no time!Dairy Free Under 30 mins
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Arborio Rice Arborio Rice 100g 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened Almond Milk Unsweetened Almond Milk 500ml 2 cups
- Caster Sugar Caster Sugar 70g 1/3 cup
- Vanilla Extract Vanilla Extract 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Sticks Cinnamon Sticks 1 1
- Bay Leaves Bay Leaves 1 1
- Cardamom Pods Cardamom Pods 1 1
- Sea Salt Sea Salt pinch pinch
- Blackberries Blackberries 100g 2/3 cup
- Lemon Juice Lemon Juice 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Maple Syrup Maple Syrup 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1.Place all rice pudding ingredients in a saucepan, bring to boil, reduce and simmer for 25min or until rice is cooked and tender, and pudding is creamy.
- 2.Meanwhile, place blackberries, lemon juice and castor sugar in a small saucepan and heat gently for 5 to 10min until blackberries become soft and juicy.
- 3.Remove rice pudding from heat and discard whole spices.
- 4.Serve rice pudding with blackberry compote.