- Prep: 60 Mins / Cook: 0 Mins
- Serves 6
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Shredded Coconut Desiccated Coconut 100g 1 cup
- Blanched Almonds Blanched Almonds 145g 1 cup
- Pitted Medjool Dates Pitted Medjool Dates 175g 1 cup
- Himalayan Salt Himalayan Salt 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice Lemon Juice 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Raspberry Sauce:
- Raspberries Raspberries 125g 1 cup
- Maple Syrup Maple Syrup 1.5 tbsp 1.5 tbsp
- Cashew Nuts Cashew Nuts 250g 2 cups
- Lemon Lemon zest of 1 zest of 1
- Maple Syrup Maple Syrup 100g 1/3 cup
- Lemon Juice Lemon Juice 125ml 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Powder Vanilla Powder 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil Coconut Oil 60ml 1/4 cup
- Ground Turmeric Ground Turmeric 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Coconut Cream (optional):
- Coconut Milk Coconut Milk 250ml 1 cup
- Coconut Oil Coconut Oil 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- Maple Syrup Maple Syrup 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Raspberries Raspberries 60g 1/2 cup
- Pistachio Nuts Pistachio Nuts 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Lemon Zest Lemon Zest 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 1.*Timing tips: Presoak the cashew nuts for 6 hours in advance then wash before using them. The cake will need time to cool during its preparation, so best to make in advance of serving!
- 2.*Notes: You will need a 6.5 inch cake tin. For the coconut milk, just use the thick solid part that floats at the top of the can. Lastly, melt the coconut oil before using.
- 3.Base: Add the almonds and coconut shreds to your food processor and blitz until they form a light crumb.
- 4.Add the salt and dates and continue to blitz until the mixture starts to stick together.
- 5.Lastly add in the lemon juice and blend for about 20 seconds to combine the mixture.
- 6.Using your fingers or a spatula, press the mixture down firmly into the base of your cake tin. Set aside in the fridge.
- 7.Raspberry Sauce: Add the raspberries and maple syrup to your blender or food processor and blitz for about 20 seconds. Transfer the raspberry sauce to a bowl or jar and refrigerate.
- 8.Filling: Add the cashew, maple syrup, vanilla powder, lemon zest and lemon juice to your blender and blitz until completely smooth and creamy.
- 9.Add the coconut oil and turmeric and blend for another 30 seconds to combine the mixture.
- 10.Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add about ½ a cup of the raspberry sauce to the bowl.
- 11.Gently fold the mixture using a spatula to create a ripple effect.
- 12.Transfer the mixture to the cake tin and tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- 13.Add a couple of tablespoons of the leftover raspberry sauce on top of the filling.
- 14.Using your spatula, make a large swirl print on top of the cake by holding the spatula at the outer edge of the cake and working your way into the middle whilst spinning the cheesecake tin. Freeze the cake for at least 2 hours or overnight if preferred.
- 15.Decorate: To prepare the coconut cream, blend the coconut milk, coconut oil and maple syrup until smooth. Transfer to a metal bowl and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the freezer and stir well with a fork to break up any lumps. The mixture will have thickened to a creamy consistency, if not place it back in the freezer for another 5 minutes and repeat. Transfer the coconut cream to your piping bag and pipe on top of the cake.
- 16.Add raspberries, pistachio and lemon zest for garnish.