Peanut Butter Fudge Cupcakes
- Prep: 20 Mins / Cook: 0 Mins
- Serves 6
Raw and gluten free cupcakes, consisting of a decadent peanut cacao butter fudge base with a strawberry and chia gooey centre. Yum! If today is that day, please try these decadent treats! A fine addition to your free meal plan, right!?Gluten Free Dairy Free Low Carb Under 30 mins
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Jelly filling:
- Strawberries Strawberries 75g 1/2 cup
- Chia Seeds Chia Seeds 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- Maple Syrup Maple Syrup 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- Beetroot Powder Beetroot Powder 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Lime Juice Lime Juice 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Cacao Butter Cacao Butter 230g 1 cup
- Peanut Butter Peanut Butter 250g 1 cup
- Brown Rice Syrup Brown Rice Syrup 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Sea Salt Sea Salt 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- 1.*Timing tip: prepare this recipe in advance as the cupcakes will need to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 2.Firstly prepare the jelly filling by blending the strawberries, maple syrup, beetroot powder and lime into a juice.
- 3.Place the juice in a jar, add the chia seeds and stir well. Let the mixture sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (ideally an hour or so).
- 4.Remove the mixture from the fridge and place back in your blender on high speed until completely smooth (about 5 minutes or so). The chia seeds should not be visible and should be completely incorporated to forming a thick, shiny jelly.
- 5.Set the jelly aside in the fridge.
- 6.For the fudge you can either make one big block of fudge, or use individual bun cases (silicone cases work best).
- 7.Begin preparing the fudge by sitting a large bowl with the cacao butter in it on top of a saucepan with simmering water. You should never apply direct heat to the bowl.
- 8.Once melted remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- 9.Pour half of the mixture into the bun cases. Place the remaining fudge back over the simmering water to prevent it from hardening.
- 10.Put the bun cases in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the bottom layer.
- 11.Remove from the freezer and add a tbsp of the strawberry jelly on top of each bun case.
- 12.Evenly distribute the remaining fudge on top of each bun case.
- 13.Set in the freezer for 2 hours.
- 14.These fudge cups can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for longer.