- Prep: 10 Mins / Cook: 25 Mins
- Serves 2
This delicious spicy chili with roasted bell peppers, kidney beans and a dash of peanut butter result in an incredible vegan meal! Peanut butter is the secret ingredient that adds a lovely creaminess to the sauce. Served with cooling coconut yogurt, fresh parsley and white rice, this wholesome recipe is also gluten free and high in protein.Gluten Free Dairy Free High Protein
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- White Rice White Rice 250g 1 & 1/3 cups
- Roasted Bell Peppers Roasted Bell Peppers 2 2
- Organic Kidney Beans Organic Kidney Beans 400g 2 & 1/4 cups
- Yellow Onion Brown Onion 1 1
- Garlic Garlic 2 cloves 2 cloves
- Cherry Tomatoes Cherry Tomatoes 300g 2 cups
- Vegetable Stock Vegetable Stock 300ml 1 & 1/5 cups
- Peanut Butter Peanut Butter 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Ground Cumin Ground Cumin 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Chili Powder Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Coconut Yoghurt Coconut Yoghurt 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Fresh Parsley Fresh Parsley small handful small handful
- Red Chilies Red Chillies 1/4 1/4
- 1.Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- 2.Add olive oil to a frying pan and saute onions until translucent, then add garlic.
- 3.Stir through for a minute, then add tomatoes and herbs and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- 4.Meanwhile blend together vegetable stock and bell peppers in a high speed blender until smooth.
- 5.Pour the mixture into the frying pan and stir well. Then add the peanut butter and stir until sauce is smooth.
- 6.Rinse kidney beans and add them to the sauce.
- 7.Cook on simmer for another 10 minutes. Serve with rice, coconut yoghurt and garnish with parsley and chilli slices.