- Prep: 20 Mins / Cook: 10 Mins
- Serves 6
Quick to prepare, vegan and gluten free, this raw mixed berry cheesecake is a surefire crowd pleaser! A rich biscuit base of pitted dates, coconut and chocolate cookies is topped with an agave sweetened raspberry and strawberry layer. Try out our delicious raw dessert in your personal vegan meal plan this week!Gluten Free Dairy Free Under 30 mins
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Vegan Chocolate Cookies Vegan Chocolate Cookies 50g 1/2 cup
- Pitted Dates Pitted Dates 90g 1/2 cup
- Coconut Oil Coconut Oil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Coconut Flakes Coconut Flakes 20g 1/4 cup
- Strawberries Strawberries 200g 1 & 1/3 cups
- Raspberries Raspberries 100g 2/3 cups
- Agave Nectar Agave Nectar 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Agar Agar Powder Agar Agar Powder 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Coconut Milk Coconut Milk 400ml 1 & 3/5 cups
- 1.*Note: Keep a can of coconut milk in the fridge the night before cooking.*
- 2.To make the biscuit: Chop the dates into small pieces. Put the chopped dates into a blender along with the cookies, coconut oil and coconut flakes. Blend for approx. 30 seconds until you get a sticky dough. Line a small cake tray and add the mixture, spreading it out to fill the bottom of the cake tray. Then place in the fridge to cool.
- 3.Jelly: wash the strawberries and raspberries then add to a small saucepan. Use a hand emulsifier to break down the fruits for cooking. Add 70ml of water and the agar agar powder to the pot and cook on a stove for 5-6 minutes.
- 4.Cream: While it cooks, take out the coconut milk from the fridge. Refridgerating the coconut milk separates the coconut cream from the water inside the can. We just want to use the creamy part. By now the jelly mixture should have cooked. Now find a small bowl and pour in the coconut cream and ¾ of the jelly mixture, set the remaining 25% to one side. Mix the coconut cream and jelly and now add this layer to the cake tray, try to leave a nice even surface. Place in the fridge to cool for 10 minutes.
- 5.Now add the final layer of fruit jelly to the cake tray. Store in the fridge for at least 4 hours, cut into chunky wedges and serve with some pretty leaves (optional!).