- Prep: 30 Mins / Cook: 10 Mins
- Serves 8
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Brownie Base:
- Walnuts Walnuts 250g 2 cups
- Pitted Medjool Dates Pitted Medjool Dates 175g 1 cup
- Cacao Powder Cacao Powder 35g 1/3 cup
- Himalayan Salt Himalayan Salt 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla Powder Vanilla Powder 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Cashew Butter Cashew Butter 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Matcha Frosting:
- Coconut Milk Coconut Milk 375ml 1 & 1/2 cups
- Cashew Butter Cashew Butter 130g 1/2 cup
- Maple Syrup Maple Syrup 4 tbsp 4 tbsp
- Matcha Powder Matcha Powder 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Powder Vanilla Powder 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil Coconut Oil 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 1.*You will need a piping bag and nozzle and this recipe makes 8-10 cupcake cases, silicone cupcake moulds work really well.
- 2.To make the brownies add the walnuts to your food processor and blitz until they form a fine crumb.
- 3.Add in the remaining ingredients and continue to process until the mixture comes together to form a brownie dough.
- 4.Separate the mixture out into the number of cupcake cases you wish to use. Press the mixture down firmly using your fingers or a spoon.
- 5.Place the brownies into the fridge whilst you prepare the frosting.
- 6.For the frosting, combine all the ingredients apart from the coconut oil in a high speed blender or nutri-bullet – by the way I only use the hard part of the canned coconut milk. Blitz until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- 7.Add the coconut oil and blitz again until the mixture is completely combined and smooth. Transfer the frosting to a metal bowl and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the freezer and stir well with a fork to break up any lumps. The mixture will have thickened to a creamy consistency, if not place back in the freezer for another 5 minutes and repeat.
- 8.Transfer the matcha frosting to your piping bag and pipe the mixture on top of the brownies.
- 9.These cupcakes store well in the fridge in an airtight container.