- Prep: 5 Mins / Cook: 32 Mins
- Serves 4
Simple, hassle-free and deeply nourishing this easy vegan pasta recipe is a real crowd-pleaser! A take on the classic Italian pasta, the rich tomato sauce with capers, sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil will really hit the spot. See for yourself by adding this easy tomato macaroni dish to this week's meal plan!Dairy Free High Protein
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Macaroni Pasta Macaroni Pasta 350g 3 & 1/2 cups
- Tomato Passata Tomato Passata 225g 1 cup
- Tomato Paste Tomato Paste 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- Capers Capers 1.5 tbsp 1.5 tbsp
- Sun Dried Tomatoes Sun Dried Tomatoes 10 10
- Yellow Onion Brown Onion 1 1
- Garlic Garlic 2 cloves 2 cloves
- Water Water 1 litre 4 cups
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Balsamic Vinegar Balsamic Vinegar 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Fresh Basil Fresh Basil handful handful
- Sea Salt Sea Salt to taste to taste
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper to taste to taste
- Vegan Parmesan Vegan Parmesan 2 tsp 2 tsp
- 1.Dice onion, mince garlic, cut sun dried tomatoes and heat up olive oil in a big pot.
- 2.Sautee onions and garlic and add all other ingredients to the pot. Cook on high heat with lid on for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to simmer.
- 3.Let cook on simmer without lid for 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4.Garnish with fresh basil.