Easy Potato Salad
- Prep: 10 Mins / Cook: 0 Mins
- Serves 3
A quick and easy potato salad that combines potatoes, cashew nuts, fresh vegetables and a vegan mayonnaise dressing. A seriously addictive side dish or wholesome lunch option!Gluten Free Dairy Free High Protein Under 30 mins
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Medium Potatoes Medium Potatoes 1200g 8 cups
- Cashew Nuts Cashew Nuts 150g 1 & 1/5 cups
- Red Onion Red Onion 1 1
- Green Peas Green Peas 100g 2/3 cup
- Red Bell Pepper Red Bell Pepper 1 1
- Spring Onion Spring Onion 2 2
- Lemon Lemon 1 1
- Mustard Mustard 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Water Water 100ml 2/5 cup
- Nutritional Yeast Nutritional Yeast 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Table Salt Table Salt to taste to taste
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper to taste to taste
- 1.*Timing tips: cook potatoes a day ahead before making the salad. Also pre-soak the cashew nuts for at least 6 hours. Once prepared, cool the potato salad in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- 2.Chop spring onions and red onion finely.
- 3.Slice red bell pepper into small cubes, cut the cooked potatoes into eights. Throw all veggies to a big bowl.
- 4.For the mayonnaise add the presoaked and drained cashews, mustard, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper to a food processor and blend on high speed until creamy and smooth.
- 5.Add mayo to the bowl and combine well. Don't over mix or the potatoes will get too mushy.
- 6.Season again with salt and pepper if preferred. Let sit in the fridge for an hour before eating.