- Prep: 5 Mins / Cook: 28 Mins
- Serves 3
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Brown Button Mushrooms Brown Button Mushrooms 300g 4 cups
- Cashew Nuts Cashew Nuts 100g 4/5 cup
- Vegetable Stock Vegetable Stock 200ml 4/5 cup
- Almond Milk Almond Milk 250ml 1 cup
- Small Onions Small Onions 2 2
- Garlic Garlic 2 cloves 2 cloves
- Thyme Thyme 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Fresh Parsley Fresh Parsley handful handful
- Water Water 150ml 3/5 cup
- Vegan Butter Vegan Butter 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1.*Pre-soak the cashews in water for 4-6 hours.
- 2.Clean mushrooms, chop onion into small pieces, mince garlic.
- 3.Heat up skillet on high heat, add vegan butter and wait until melted.
- 4.Add onions, garlic, thyme and mushrooms and fry until mushrooms are golden brown.
- 5.Then pour in the wet ingredients and lower heat. Cook on simmer for 15-17 minutes.
- 6.Meanwhile drain cashews from their soaking water and add them together with water to the highspeed blender. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- 7.Turn up the heat on the mushrooms to medium high and add the cashew cream. Stir through with a spoon from time to time and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper,
- 8.Chop up parsley and throw it into the creamy sauce.
- 9.Serve with rice, pasta or potatoes.