- Prep: 0 Mins / Cook: 30 Mins
- Serves 4
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Brown Rice Penne Brown Rice Penne 500g 5 cups
- Cashew Nuts Cashew Nuts 100g 4/5 cup
- White Button Mushrooms White Button Mushrooms 500g 6 & 2/3 cups
- Vegetable Stock Vegetable Stock 400ml 1 & 3/5 cups
- Garlic Garlic 1 clove 1 clove
- Small Onions Small Onions 2 2
- Fresh Parsley Fresh Parsley 8g 1/3 cup
- Fresh Chives Fresh Chives 16g 1/3 cup
- Creamy Balsamic Dressing Creamy Balsamic Dressing 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- 1.*Timing tip: Presoak cashews in advance, for a minimum of 4hrs.
- 2.Cook penne according to packet instructions, meanwhile prepare the sauce.
- 3.Heat up a medium size frying pan on high heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 4.Once olive oil has heated up, add sliced mushrooms and fry until golden brown (you may have to remove the mushroom water a spoonful at a time to allow the mushrooms to brown properly).
- 5.Remove fried mushrooms and set aside on a plate.
- 6.In a high speed blender blend presoaked cashews and vegetable stock for 2-3min until smooth.
- 7.Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the frying pan, fry diced onions and minced garlic until onion is translucent. Now pour in the cashew cream, add balsamic, chopped herbs and mushrooms.
- 8.Once the penne is al dente, add the penne to the pan and stir well.
- 9.Add balsamic, season with black pepper, stir to combine and enjoy.