- Prep: 8 Mins / Cook: 5 Mins
- Serves 4
A classic white bean salad served with tahini, a hugely popular dish originating from the Mediterranean coast of Turkey. Topped with tofu, plum tomatoes and fresh parsley, this gluten free dish is a rich source of protein, iron and vitamin K.Gluten Free Dairy Free High Protein Low Carb Under 30 mins
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- For the salad:
- Cannellini Beans in Water Cannellini Beans in Water 225g 3 cups
- Fresh Parsley Fresh Parsley 25g 1 cup
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper 1 tsp 1 tsp
- For the dressing:
- Tahini Tahini 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice Lemon Juice 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar Apple Cider Vinegar 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Garlic Garlic 2 cloves 2 cloves
- For the topping:
- Plum Tomatoes Plum Tomatoes 4 4
- Tofu Tofu 50g 1/5 cup
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 2 tsp 2 tsp
- Fresh Parsley Fresh Parsley 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1.To prepare the tofu for the topping, heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- 2.Add the tofu slices and fry for around five minutes, turning occasionally, until it is crisp and golden on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper and set to one side.
- 3.Whilst the tofu is cooking, mix the dressing ingredients together until they are smooth. The tahini may appear to curdle at first but quickly becomes smooth.
- 4.Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Mix in the dressing, until the beans are thoroughly coated.
- 5.Top the bean salad with the tomatoes, fried tofu and extra parsley and serve.