- Prep: 8 Mins / Cook: 15 Mins
- Serves 6
Lima beans - or butter beans in the UK - have a ton of health benefits due to their high content of dietary fiber, copper, protein and manganese. And here they are at the heart of these dense and juicy gluten free bean burgers. With zero cholesterol and almost no fat, this recipe is further proof vegans can enjoy junk food, but of course in a healthy way!Gluten Free Dairy Free Low Carb Under 30 mins
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Brown Rice Brown Rice 60g 1/3 cup
- Lima Beans in Water Butter Beans in Water 200g 1 cup
- Chia Seeds Chia Seeds 30g 2 tbsp
- Quinoa Flakes Quinoa Flakes 30g 1/3 cup
- Yellow Onion Brown Onion 1 1
- Sun Dried Tomatoes Sun Dried Tomatoes 8 8
- Smoked Paprika Smoked Paprika 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon Ground Cinnamon 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Flakes Crushed Chillies 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Coconut Oil Coconut Oil 3 tsp 3 tsp
- Fresh Cilantro Fresh Coriander handful handful
- Salsa Salsa 6 tbsp 6 tbsp
- 1.Add the cooked lima beans (butter beans) to a large bowl and mash them to break up the beans (it doesn't need to be completely smooth).
- 2. Add the other burger ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 3.Separate the burger mixture into six portions and form into burger patties.
- 4.Set to one side for around ten minutes to allow the quinoa flakes to absorb moisture.
- 5.Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat then add the coconut oil. Once melted, carefully place the burgers into the frying pan and cook for around eight minutes, turning occasionally, until they are golden on both sides and have fully heated through.
- 6.Serve with a dollop of salsa and sprinkle over freshly chopped cilantro (coriander). These burgers are delicious as they are or in bread baps.