- Prep: 15 Mins / Cook: 20 Mins
- Serves 4
Brimming with vitamins and antioxidants, this creamy, refreshing spinach, broccoli and kale soup is a fantastic source of valuable nutrition and disease-fighting elements. A delicious vegan soup that is gluten free, high in protein and low in carbs - what's not to love!Gluten Free Dairy Free High Protein
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- White Onion White Onion 1 1
- Garlic Garlic 2 cloves 2 cloves
- Ground Cumin Ground Cumin 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Sea Salt Sea Salt 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp
- Broccoli Broccoli 350g 2 cups
- Kale Kale 100g 1 & 1/2 cups
- Spinach Spinach 100g 3 cups
- Vegetable Stock Vegetable Stock 1 litre 4 cups
- Coconut Milk Coconut Milk 200ml 4/5 cup
- Pumpkin Seeds Pumpkin Seeds 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Sea Salt Sea Salt pinch pinch
- Spring Onion Spring Onion 2 stems 2 stems
- 1.Preheat oven to 200C.
- 2.Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- 3.Add diced onion and minced garlic and cook for 2min or until onion is translucent.
- 4.Add broccoli florets and cook, stirring, for 2min.
- 5.Add vegetable stock and simmer for 20min.
- 6.Meanwhile, combine pumpkin seeds and 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt, place on a baking tray and roast for 5 to 10min or until pumpkin seeds start to pop.
- 7.Add destalked kale and spinach and simmer to the pot until just wilted.
- 8.Remove pot from heat and allow to cool for 5 to 10min (until cool enough to blend). Blend in batches until smooth.
- 9.Return mixture to pot, stir in coconut milk and gently heat for 5min.
- 10.Divide soup between 4 bowls, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, chopped spring onion, sesame seeds and enjoy!