- Prep: 5 Mins / Cook: 10 Mins
- Serves 2
Learn how to make traditional miso soup in the simplest way possible! Deliciously savory and comforting this vegan miso soup contains silken tofu, spring onions and wakame seaweed. A truly versatile gluten free soup that works equally well as a breakfast, lunch or dinner!Gluten Free Dairy Free Low Carb Under 30 mins
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Wakama Seaweed Wakama Seaweed 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Silken Tofu Silken Tofu 100g 2/5 cup
- Spring Onion Spring Onion 1 1
- Miso Paste Miso Paste 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Table Salt Table Salt 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Bouillon Vegetable Powder Bouillon Vegetable Powder 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Water Water 600ml 2 & 2/5 cups
- 1.Pour 600ml hot water into the small or medium saucepan, add 1 tbsp wakama seaweed, cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- 2.Whisk in the miso paste and add chopped tofu.
- 3.Season the soup with salt and bouillon, stir gently and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- 4.Add the spring onion and simmer for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- 5.Note: Traditionally, miso is cooked with dashi, a basic Japanese stock made by boiling dried kelp and bonito (dried fish). However, this is a simplified version so I replaced the dashi with bouillon.