Rustic Summer Vegetable Pasta
- Prep: 20 Mins / Cook: 30 Mins
- Serves 4
Add a touch of Mediterranean cuisine to your meal plan with this wonderful Italian pasta recipe. Vegan, high in protein and packed with flavor, it's the perfect wholesome meal for alfresco dining on a warm summer evening. It's a breeze to make combining penne pasta with eggplant (aubergine), sweet peppers, olives, zucchini (courgette) and arugula (rocket).Dairy Free High Protein
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Durum Wheat Penne Durum Wheat Penne 320g 4 cups
- Cherry Tomatoes Cherry Tomatoes 100g 2/3 cups
- Datterini Tomatoes Datterini Tomatoes 100g 2/3 cups
- Zucchini with Flowers Courgette with Flowers 5 5
- Salted Pantelleria Capers Salted Pantelleria Capers 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Taggiasca Olives Taggiasca Olives 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Yellow Bell Pepper Yellow Bell Pepper 1 1
- Italian Round Eggplant Italian Round Aubergine 1 1
- Red Garlic Red Garlic 1 clove 1 clove
- Red Onion Red Onion 1 1
- Table Salt Table Salt to taste to taste
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper to taste to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- Arugula Salad Rocket Salad 2 handfuls 2 handfuls
- Fresh Parsley Fresh Parsley handful handful
- Mint Mint 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Fresh Oregano Fresh Oregano 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Fresh Basil Fresh Basil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1.Aubergine (eggplant): Wash and dry the aubergine and cut into regular cubes of one cm. Season them in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of oil, salt, and pepper and mix well to distribute the seasoning evenly. Warm a wok and when it is hot, toss the aubergine and roast them for a few minutes at medium heat, sauteing from time to time, until it is well cooked. Rub the clove of garlic on the bowl internal surface and add the aubergine still warm to let it get the flavor.
- 2.Courgette (zucchini): Carefully wash the courgette and their flowers, dry them and discard the ends. Cut the courgette with washers and the flowers in fine stripes. Season as before, with a tablespoon of oil, salt, pepper and some parsley leaves and chopped mint. Dump the courgette in the wok pan and sauteè them over high heat for a few minutes. Add into the bowl together with the aubergines and season with finely chopped herbs.
- 3.Bell pepper: Cut the pepper in half, remove the stem, the seeds, and white internal filaments. Cut it into strips horizontally (with this type of cutting it will be more digestible). Discard the outer leaves of onion and cut in slices. Season with a tablespoon of oil, salt, pepper and chopped parsley, mixing carefully. Dip the mixture in the hot wok and sauteè no longer than 6-7 minutes (the vegetables will have to cook but still remain crisp), finally adding the capers rinsed from their salt and the "Taggiasca" olives, stoneless. Unite to the other vegetables, mix well and let it flavor.
- 4.Rinse the cherry tomatoes and cut them into a half. Season them with a little oil, salt, pepper and minced oregano and add them to the vegetables.
- 5.Cook the Penne pasta in abundant salted water, then drain and add them to all the vegetables previously collected. Mix all the ingredients carefully and serve them still warm, with some rocket (arugula) a sprinkle of pepper and a spoon of oil.