- Prep: 10 Mins / Cook: 60 Mins
- Serves 8
Topped with spinach and roasted tomatoes this savory vegan dish is a fantastic source of vitamin K, E and dietary fiber. Nutritional yeast gives it that cheesy rich flavor while remaining completely dairy free. Gluten free to boot and low in carbs - what's not to love!Gluten Free Dairy Free Low Carb
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Vegetable Stock Vegetable Stock 1 litre 4 cups
- Polenta Polenta 160g 1 cup
- Nutritional Yeast Nutritional Yeast 1.5 tbsp 1/4 cup
- Thyme Thyme 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 60ml 1/4 cup
- Garlic Garlic 3 cloves 3 cloves
- Spinach Spinach 500g 1.1 lbs
- Ground Nutmeg Ground Nutmeg 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Table Salt Table Salt to taste to taste
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper to taste to taste
- Mixed Cherry Tomatoes Mixed Cherry Tomatoes 350g 2 & 1/3 cups
- 1.Preheat oven to 200ºC and grease a 20cm loose-bottomed tart pan.
- 2.Add vegetable stock to a saucepan over medium heat and reduce to simmer.
- 3.Gradually add polenta, whisk until combined, then stir occasionally for 10min or until slightly thickened.
- 4.Add nutritional yeast and thyme and cook, stirring for 2min or until combined.
- 5.Pour polenta mixture into the greased tart pan and set aside.
- 6.Place tomatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 7.Bake polenta crust and tomatoes for 15 - 20min or until polenta is set, light golden, and crisp on the outside, and tomatoes are just starting to fall apart.
- 8.Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet, sautee garlic until fragrant, stir in spinach and cook, stirring frequently until wilted. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper and set aside.
- 9.After 20min, remove polenta crust and tomatoes from oven (leave oven on).
- 10.Scoop spinach mixture onto polenta base and spread around with the back of a spoon until mostly covered.
- 11.Arrange tomatoes on top of spinach, drizzle with olive oil and bake for a further 5 to 10min to warm through.
- 12.Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs, cut into wedges and serve.