- Prep: 10 Mins / Cook: 45 Mins
- Serves 4
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Eggplant Aubergine 2 2
- Large Vine Tomatoes Large Vine Tomatoes 4 4
- Yellow Onion Brown Onion 1 1
- Garlic Garlic 3 cloves 3 cloves
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Almonds Almonds 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Vegetable Broth Vegetable Broth 600ml 2 & 2/5 cups
- Coconut Milk Coconut Milk 400ml 1 & 3/5 cups
- Cornstarch Cornflour 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Coconut Sugar Coconut Sugar 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Fresh Chives Fresh Chives 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Flakes Crushed Chillies 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Table Salt Table Salt to taste to taste
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper to taste to taste
- 1.Preheat oven to 200ºC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- 2.Slice eggplants (aubergine), tomato and onion in half and place on baking tray with unpeeled garlic cloves, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 30min.
- 3.Meanwhile, bring vegetable broth to simmer in a large pot.
- 4.After 30min, remove vegetables from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle, then peel eggplants and garlic cloves.
- 5.Add roasted vegetables to a blender and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- 6.Add blended vegetables to pot along with coconut milk and coconut sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Thicken if necessary by adding 2 tbsp of soup and cornstarch (cornflour) to a ramekin and forming a paste, and adding the mixture to the soup. Stir to combine and gently heat.
- 7.Toast almonds in a small pan over medium-high heat for 5-10min.
- 8.Divide soup between four bowls, top with toasted almonds, roughly chopped chives and chilli flakes, and serve immediately.