- Prep: 30 Mins / Cook: 20 Mins
- Serves 6
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- For the dough:
- Vegan Butter Vegan Butter 100g 5 heaped tbsp
- Cornstarch Cornflour 200g 1 & 2/3 cups
- Brown Sugar Brown Sugar 20g 5 tsp
- Water Water 20ml 3 tsp
- Table Salt Table Salt a pinch a pinch
- For the filling:
- Pear Pear 4 4
- Ground Cinnamon Ground Cinnamon 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Agave Nectar Agave Nectar 1 tsp 1 tsp
- For decoration:
- Edible Flowers Edible Flowers small handful small handful
- Flax Seeds Flax Seeds 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- 1.*Note: I used a ridged 6 tartlet baking tray for this yummy dessert.*
- 2.For the dough: place the dry ingredients into a bowl with the butter and mix it with your hands until you get a grainy texture.
- 3.Now add the water and mix though untill you get a uniform dough. Transfer the dough into a plastic bag and reserve in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- 4.When 20 minutes is up, remove from the fridge and divide into 2 pieces. Stretch the dough onto a floured surface and use a wooden roller to roll it to a thickness of 2mm.
- 5.Use a ring cutter to create 6 dough circles. Then grab your tartlet tray, brush the tray with a little oil to avoid the dough sticking as it cooks. Then drape the dough into each of the tartlet moulds.
- 6.Prick the dough with a fork and bake in the oven at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- 7.Peel and cut the pears into cubes. Place them into a pan with the cinnamon and agave and let it cook for 20 minutes on a low heat.
- 8.Once baked, fill the tartlets with the warm pears and use the edible flowers and seeds for decoration. A spoon of almond yogurt is also particularly tasty with this desert!