- Prep: 15 Mins / Cook: 10 Mins
- Serves 2
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Stir Fry:
- Flat Rice Noodles Flat Rice Noodles 185g 1 cup
- Spring Onion Spring Onion 1 1
- Garlic Garlic 2 cloves 2 cloves
- Beansprouts Beansprouts 80g 4/5 cup
- Oyster Mushrooms Oyster Mushrooms 100g 1 & 1/4 cups
- Vegetable Oil Vegetable Oil 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Granulated Sugar Granulated Sugar 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup Tomato Ketchup 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Light Soy Sauce Light Soy Sauce 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Dark Soy Sauce Dark Soy Sauce 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Lime Juice Lime Juice 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Flakes Crushed Chillies 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper pinch pinch
- Roasted Peanuts Roasted Peanuts 30g 1/5 cup
- Fresh Cilantro Fresh Coriander 6g 2 tbsp
- Lime Lime 2 2
- 1.Boil the noodles in salted water. For cooking time, minus 2 minutes from the instructions on the noodle’s packaging (you don’t want to cook the noodles completely as they will continue to cook when stir fried).
- 2.Rinse the noodles with ice-cold water and shake through a sieve to remove excess water, set aside.
- 3.Mix sugar, tomato ketchup, soy sauces, juice from one lime, chili flakes and black pepper in a small bowl, stir well and set aside.
- 4.Cut the spring onions into two parts (green and white), chop them up and set aside, keeping the white and green parts separate.
- 5.Heat the vegetable oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, add the minced garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes until the garlic turns slightly golden in colour.
- 6.Add the white parts of the spring onions, stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the shredded oyster mushrooms and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- 7.Drop in the noodles, bean sprouts and the green parts of the spring onions and then pour in the sauce mixture.
- 8.Stir-fry all until the sauce covers all the noodles equally (speed is key here, you don’t want to take more than 3 minutes or the noodles will become too soft).
- 9.Top with finely chopped coriander (cilantro) and chopped roasted peanuts, serve with lime wedges.