- Prep: 15 Mins / Cook: 30 Mins
- Serves 4
Infused with ginger, orange zest and spicy cardamom, this flavorful orange and sweet potato soup is absolutely delicious! Gluten free and sweetened with agave, it's one of our favorite lunch options at Veahero! Try it out this pretty little soup by adding it your personal meal plan and grocery list today!Gluten Free Dairy Free
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Sweet Potato Sweet Potato 3 3
- Yellow Onion Brown Onion 1 1
- Carrot Carrot 2 2
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Ginger Root Ginger Root 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Ground Cilantro Ground Coriander 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon Ground Cinnamon 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Paprika Paprika 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Ground Turmeric Ground Turmeric 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom Pods Cardamom Pods 1 1
- Vegetable Broth Vegetable Broth 1 litre 4 cups
- Orange Orange 2 2
- Agave Nectar Agave Nectar 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Cornstarch Cornflour 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1.Roughly chop sweet potatoes, onion and carrots.
- 2.Heat olive oil in a big pot over medium heat, add chopped vegetables and cook, stirring, for 8min.
- 3.Stir in minced ginger, and herbs and spices and stir until fragrant.
- 4.Stir in juice from two oranges, 1 tbsp orange zest, vegetable broth and agave. Reduce heat and simmer for 20min.
- 5.Scoop out 2 tbsp broth, add to a ramekin and combine with cornstarch (cornflour) to form a paste, add to soup and simmer for an additional 5 to 10min until thickened, and until sweet potato is tender.
- 6.Remove pot from heat and allow to cool for 5 to 10min, until cool enough to blend, and blend in batches until desired consistency has been reached, then return mixture to pot and gently heat for 5min.
- 7.Divide soup between 4 bowls, top with choice of toppings (I used coconut milk, sesame seeds and micro greens) and enjoy!