- Prep: 20 Mins / Cook: 20 Mins
- Serves 2
Fire up the waffle maker! These gorgeous banana and oat waffles, topped with rooibos poached pears, honey and maple syrup will brighten up any morning! Heavenly sweet, moreish and incredibly filling, our dairy free waffles are both rich in flavor and protein. Treat yourself by popping these waffles into your vegan meal planner today!Dairy Free High Protein
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Pear Pear 2 2
- Raw Honey Raw Honey 170g 1/2 cup
- Rooibos Tea Rooibos Tea 2 teabags 2 teabags
- Water Water 250ml 1 cup
- Cinnamon Sticks Cinnamon Sticks 1 1
- Oat Flour Oat Flour 180g 1 & 1/2 cups
- Baking Powder Baking Powder 2 tsp 2 tsp
- Cornstarch Cornflour 2 tsp 2 tsp
- Ground Nutmeg Ground Nutmeg 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Banana Banana 1.5 1/2 cup
- Maple Syrup Maple Syrup 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Coconut Oil Coconut Oil 4 tbsp 4 tbsp
- Organic Eggs Organic Eggs 2 2
- Vanilla Extract Vanilla Extract 1 tsp 1 tsp
- 1.Combine peeled pears, teabags, honey, cinnamon and water in a pot over medium heat and simmer for 20min.
- 2.Remove pears from liquid and set aside.
- 3.Bring liquid to boil over high heat stirring occasionally until caramelised.
- 4.Mash the banana and whisk together with the other dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- 5.Melt and then cool the coconut oil. Crack and lightly beat the eggs. Then whisk together with the other wet ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- 6.Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, combine and let the batter stand for 10min to thicken.
- 7.Heat waffle maker and spoon 3 tbsp into waffle maker, remove waffles once golden brown.
- 8. Top waffles with sliced pears and syrup, garnish with nuts or seeds (optional) and enjoy!