- Prep: 10 Mins / Cook: 30 Mins
- Serves 2
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Flaxseed Meal Flaxseed Meal 1/2 tbsp 1/2 tbsp
- Filtered Water Filtered Water 1.5 tbsp 1.5 tbsp
- Unsweetened Almond Milk Unsweetened Almond Milk 100ml 2/5 cup
- Lemon Juice Lemon Juice 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Vegan Butter Vegan Butter 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Caster Sugar Caster Sugar 50g 1/4 cup
- Apple Sauce Apple Sauce 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Thyme Thyme 3 sprigs 3 sprigs
- Polenta Polenta 55g 1/3 cup
- Brown Rice Flour Brown Rice Flour 50g 2/5 cup
- Baking Powder Baking Powder 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp
- Table Salt Table Salt pinch pinch
- Maple Syrup Maple Syrup 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice Lemon Juice 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Thyme Thyme 2 sprigs 2 sprigs
- 1.Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease two ramekins with oil OR line with muffin liners.
- 2.Prepare flax egg by combining flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl, set aside until ready to use.
- 3.Add almond milk and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside to curdle.
- 4.Add melted butter and sugar to a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- 5.To the same mixing bowl add apple sauce, flax egg and almond mixture and whisk to combine.
- 6.To the same mixing bowl add polenta, brown rice flour and salt and mix until just incorporated.
- 7.Divide batter between two ramekins.
- 8.Bake for 30min until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 9.Heat the maple syrup, lemon juice and 2 sprigs thyme in a small pan until bubbling, and pour over the muffins.
- 10.Top with a sprig of thyme and serve.