- Prep: 15 Mins / Cook: 15 Mins
- Serves 4
Impress your guests with these wonderful gluten free falafel balls. Served with fresh vegan tzatziki, this cute little dish makes for the perfect summer appetizer. Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside our homemade Falafel with Vegan Tzatziki recipe works equally well as a quick and easy snack, lunch or dinner in your meal plan!Gluten Free Dairy Free High Protein
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- English Cucumber English Cucumber 1/2 1/2
- Soy Yoghurt Soya Yoghurt 250g 1 cup
- Garlic Garlic 1 clove 1 clove
- Lemon Juice Lemon Juice 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Sea Salt Sea Salt pinch pinch
- Chickpeas in Water Chickpeas in Water 400g 2 cups
- Yellow Onion Brown Onion 1/2 1/2
- Garlic Garlic 2 cloves 2 cloves
- Ground Cumin Ground Cumin 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Ground Cilantro Ground Coriander 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Sea Salt Sea Salt 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp
- Chickpea Flour Chickpea Flour 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Vegetable Oil Vegetable Oil 4 tbsp 1/4 cup
- 1.Add drained and dried chickpeas, finely chopped onion, minced garlic, ground cumin, ground coriander, salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until mixture holds together when squeezed together, and refrigerate.
- 2.Dice cucumber, mince garlic, and combine in a medium mixing bowl along with soy yoghurt, lemon juice and salt and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3.Heat oil in a small saucepan.
- 4.Remove falafel mixture from fridge, form balls and fry in batches, flipping until golden brown on both sides and drain on a papertowel lined plate.
- 5.Serve warm with tzatziki on the side.