- Prep: 30 Mins / Cook: 15 Mins
- Serves 4
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Chickpeas in Water Chickpeas in Water 400g 2 cups
- Yellow Onion Brown Onion 1/2 1/2
- Garlic Garlic 2 cloves 2 cloves
- Fresh Parsley Fresh Parsley 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Ground Cumin Ground Cumin 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Ground Cilantro Ground Coriander 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Sea Salt Sea Salt 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp
- Chickpea Flour Chickpea Flour 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Vegetable Oil Vegetable Oil 60ml 1/4 cup
- Mixed Baby Carrots Mixed Baby Carrots 150g 1 cup
- Broccoli Broccoli 1/2 head 1/2 head
- Pumpkin Seeds Pumpkin Seeds 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Red Cabbage Red Cabbage 100g 1 cup
- Tahini Tahini 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Garlic Garlic 1 clove 1 clove
- Lemon Juice Lemon Juice 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Agave Syrup Agave Syrup 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Sea Salt Sea Salt pinch pinch
- Filtered Water Filtered Water 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Flat Leaf Parsley Flat Leaf Parsley 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Sesame Seeds Sesame Seeds 1 tsp 1 tsp
- 1.Preheat oven to 200C.
- 2.Add drained and dried chickpeas, finely chopped onion, minced garlic, finely chopped parsley, cumin, cilantro (coriander), salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until mixture holds when squeezed together - adding more flour if necessary until it holds. Refrigerate for 30min.
- 3.Add dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, adding more water if too thick, and more tahini if too watery. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4.Place broccoli florets, baby carrots and pumpkin seeds on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 15min or until pumpkin seeds start to pop.
- 5.Heat oil in a small saucepan. Remove falafel mixture from fridge, form balls and fry in batches, flipping until golden brown on both sides and drain on a papertowel lined plate.
- 6.Divide falafel, broccoli, carrots, cabbage and pumpkin seeds between two bowl, drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with sesame seeds and parsley and serve.