- Prep: 10 Mins / Cook: 35 Mins
- Serves 4
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Large Mushrooms Large Mushrooms 4 4
- Risotto Rice Risotto Rice 500g 2 & 1/2 cups
- Small Onions Small Onions 2 2
- White Wine White Wine 125ml 1/2 cup
- Dark Soy Sauce Dark Soy Sauce 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Vegan Butter Vegan Butter 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Bouillon Vegetable Powder Bouillon Vegetable Powder 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Water Water 2 ltr 8 cups
- Fresh Parsley Fresh Parsley 25g 1 cup
- Sesame Seeds Sesame Seeds 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 1.Place a saucepan of water on the stove, add the vegetable powder and half a tablespoon of soy sauce, and bring to a boil.
- 2.Peel and chop the onion. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a frying pan and place on the hob. Once hot add the chopped onions and saute until the onions become translucent.
- 3.Then add the mushrooms to the pan, the white wine and half tablespoon of the soy sauce. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- 4.Wash the risotto rice. Then add the drained rice to the pan along with enough of the now boiled water to cover the rice, and stir.
- 5.Continue to stir and as you notice that the rice begins to absorb the water, add more water and continue to stir.
- 6.Repeat this process, as you cook the risotto for at least 20 mins and until the rice has the texture you prefer.
- 7.Once cooked, add 1 tablespoon of butter and mix through. Leave to rest for 5 mins before serving. Garnish with sliced mushrooms, sesame seeds and fresh parsley.