- Prep: 5 Mins / Cook: 25 Mins
- Serves 2
Much healthier than regular french fries, our homemade crispy sweet potato fries are further proof vegans can enjoy the occasional junk food, albeit in a healthier way! Rich in vitamin A, C and potassium, sweet potato has a whole range of health benefits including lowering blood sugar, improving brain health and being high in antioxidants.Gluten Free Dairy Free
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Sweet Potato Sweet Potato 1 1
- Cornstarch Cornflour 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Table Salt Table Salt 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper pinch pinch
- 1.Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2.Peel and slice sweet potato into 1-2cm thick strips.
- 3.Place the strips in a zip-top plastic bag, add corn starch, salt and pepper and shake until strips are coated with the powder. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to the bag and shake for a couple of minutes.
- 4.Grease a baking tray with olive oil and line with baking parchment. Place the sweet potato strips onto the tray, making sure the strips aren't overlapping one another.
- 5.Bake for 20min or until sweet potato fries are tender and golden brown, mixing occasionally.
- 6.Allow fries to cool for 5min, sprinkle with additional salt if needed and serve with ketchup or vegan mayonnaise.