- Prep: 10 Mins / Cook: 15 Mins
- Serves 4
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Corn on the Cob Corn on the Cob 4 cobs 4 cobs
- Vegan Butter Vegan Butter 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Table Salt Table Salt 1 tsp 1 tsp
- For the dressing:
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 60ml 1/4 cup
- Fresh Parsley Fresh Parsley handful handful
- Red Chili Flakes Crushed Chillies 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Red Onion Red Onion 1 1
- Agave Nectar Agave Nectar 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Lime Lime 1 1
- Black Olives Black Olives 40g 1/3 cup
- Leek Leek 1 1
- 1.Note: this recipe uses leek ash as a garnish. Leek ash should be prepared in advance of cooking and will keep for upto 3 days. To make it – wash the leek and use the green section of the vegetable. Put the leek on a lined baking tray and cook in the oven at 200C for 60-90 minutes. When the time is up, remove from the oven, let cool and then with your hands break the leek into ashy pieces.
- 2.Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- 3.Cut the corn cobs into halves. Line a baking tray and place the cobs onto the tray and brush with butter and a sprinkling of salt. Place into the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- 4.Peel and finely dice the red onion.
- 5.Wash and finely chop the parsley.
- 6.In a mixing bowl add the onion and parsley. Mix with olive oil, crushed chilli flakes, agave and the juice of 1 lime.
- 7.Now remove the corn from the oven, and set aside to cool.
- 8.Then serve the corn with the dressing, olives, some extra limes and a scattering of the pre-prepared leek ash.