- Prep: 3 Mins / Cook: 26 Mins
- Serves 3
A wonderful, lightly spiced coconut and carrot soup. Creamy and satisfying, combining ginger, garlic, cashew and lime flavors, this delicious curry soup makes for a wholesome lunch or light dinner option. Gluten free and ready within 30 minutes, it's a fantastic meal to add to your 7 day vegan meal planner!Gluten Free Dairy Free Low Carb Under 30 mins
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Carrot Carrot 6 6
- Coconut Oil Coconut Oil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Small Onions Small Onions 1 1
- Garlic Garlic 3 cloves 3 cloves
- Ginger Root Ginger Root 2 tsp 2 tsp
- Yellow Curry Paste Yellow Curry Paste 2 tsp 2 tsp
- Vegetable Stock Vegetable Stock 1 litre 4 cups
- Table Salt Table Salt 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Coconut Milk Coconut Milk 250ml 1 cup
- Fresh Cilantro Fresh Coriander small handful small handful
- Mixed Sesame Seeds Mixed Sesame Seeds 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Cashew Nuts Cashew Nuts 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Lime Lime 3/4 3/4
- 1.Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2.Add the onion and sautée for 3 minutes. Add the chopped carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the curry paste and salt and cook for 1 more minute. Deglaze with a splash of veggie stock and scrape the bottom.
- 3.Add the remaining stock and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the carrots are completely cooked.
- 4.Using an immersion blender (or several small batches with a regular blender), blend the soup until very smooth. Add the coconut milk and adjust the seasoning.
- 5.- Serve in bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro (coriander), sesame seeds, chopped cashews and some lime wedges.