- Prep: 20 Mins / Cook: 30 Mins
- Serves 6
Anyone in the mood for some gorgeously rich and nutty chocolate brownies with a tasty chili kick? Thought so! These indulgent brownies combine cocoa, almonds and spicy red chilies served with a gorgeous caramel drizzle. Wow your dinners guests by adding this decadent dessert to your meal plan!
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Irish Butter Irish Butter 115g 1/2 cup
- Granulated Sugar Granulated Sugar 200g 1 cup
- Organic Eggs Organic Eggs 2 2
- Vanilla Essence Vanilla Essence 1/3 tsp 1/3 tsp
- Cocoa Powder Cocoa Powder 40g 3 tbsp
- White Flour White Flour 70g 4 & 1/3 tbsp
- Table Salt Table Salt 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Baking Powder Baking Powder 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilies Red Chillies 1 small 1 small
- Whole Almonds Whole Almonds 100g 6 tbsp
- Granulated Sugar Granulated Sugar 100g 1/2 cup
- Double Cream Double Cream 40ml 2 & 2/3 tbsp
- Water Water 2/3 tbsp 2/3 tbsp
- Table Salt Table Salt pinch pinch
- 1.Making the brownie: Melt the butter and remove from heat. Add the chilli into the warm butter. Add sugar and whisk continuously. Add eggs and Vanilla.
- 2.Whisk in all other dry ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- 3.Grease up a 20x30 cm baking tray or dish and line with baking paper. Pour batter in and bake in a pre heated 175C oven for 20-30 mins.
- 4.Check with toothpick after 20 mins, if nothing sticks to it when you pull it out its ready. Don’t overcook, and when checking don’t leave the oven open too long or the brownie will sink.
- 5.Now the topping: Cut the almonds into small shards and toast with salt in a dry pan until nicely toasted.
- 6.Put the sugar and water into a pan and reduce on a medium heat until the caramel goes a nice brown colour.
- 7.Add cream slowly whilst stirring until the desired thickness of the caramel is reached.
- 8.Whilst the sauce is still hot, add the almonds inside and mix.
- 9.Pour evenly over the top of the brownie and refridgerate to cool.