- Prep: 10 Mins / Cook: 15 Mins
- Serves 4
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Chicory/Endive Chicory/Endive 6 6
- Fennel Fennel 3 3
- Orange Orange 2 2
- Dill Dill handful handful
- Dill Oil Dill Oil 2 tsp 2 tsp
- Sunflower Oil Sunflower Oil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Table Salt Table Salt to taste to taste
- Leek Leek 1 1
- 1.*Note: this recipe uses leek ash as a garnish. Leek ash should be prepared in advance of cooking and will keep for upto 3 days. To make it – wash the leek and use the green section of the vegetable. Put the leek on a lined baking tray and cook in the oven at 200C for 60-90 minutes. When the time is up, remove from the oven, let cool and then with your hands break the leek into ashy pieces.*
- 2.Wash the fennel and cut into quarters. Line a baking tray, add the fennel, season with salt and sunflower oil and mix gently with your hands. Put in the oven, set the temperature to 200°C and cook for 15 minutes until the fennel soften and the edges go crisp.
- 3.Wash the endives and pull the leaves apart.
- 4.Peel the orange, remove the white pith and cut the orange into small pieces.
- 5.Once the fennel is cooked, take it out from the oven and set aside to cool.
- 6.Then in a salad bowl, mix the endive and fennel together with the orange and dill oil. Top with some chopped dill, orange segments and leek ash.