- Prep: 5 Mins / Cook: 50 Mins
- Serves 4
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- White Rice White Rice 40g 3 tbsp
- Black Sesame Seeds Black Sesame Seeds 25g 3 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract Vanilla Extract 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Granulated Sugar Granulated Sugar 2 tsp 2 tsp
- Water Water 500ml 2 cups
- Unsweetened Almond Milk Unsweetened Almond Milk 500ml 2 cups
- 1.*For best results, pre-soak the rice in water overnight the night before*.
- 2.Wash and rinse the rice, combine it with 500ml hot water in a pot. Cook and stir until the water is bubbling, reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. (Stir regularly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom).
- 3.Meanwhile roast the sesame seeds for 5 minutes, then set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- 4.Grind the roasted sesame seeds into a powder with a food processor (set aside a small handful for the topping).
- 5.Add the sesame powder and sugar to the rice, cook for a further 10 mins and then remove from the heat.
- 6.Add 500ml almond milk and blend until smooth and creamy and sprinkle on a few sesame seeds.
- 7.This sesame latte is delicious served both hot and cold. Tips: * If you don’t have time to pre-soak the rice overnight, add an extra 15 minutes to the cooking time plus 100ml water. ** Black sesame seeds are a little bitter compared to white sesame seeds, which have a slightly sweet and nutty flavour. You can use 50/50 black and white sesame seeds if you are not a big fan of the black sesame seed’s stronger flavour. *** Sesame seed’s flavour and aroma improve after roasting.