- Prep: 15 Mins / Cook: 45 Mins
- Serves 4
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Barley Barley 200g 1 cup
- Water Water 750ml 3 cups
- Corn Kernels in Water Sweetcorn in Water 180g 1 cup
- Pumpkin Seeds Pumpkin Seeds 65g 1/2 cup
- Baby Cabbage Baby Cabbage 50g 1/2 cup
- For the pesto:
- Beet Beetroot 1 1
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Agave Nectar Agave Nectar 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Table Salt Table Salt to taste to taste
- 1.For the pesto: Boil the beetroot for 15 minutes in a saucepan of water. Then drain and set aside to cool down. Once cool, peel the beetroot and place it into a blender. Also add the oil, salt, agave nectar and blend for 1 minute until you get a uniform texture.
- 2.Rinse the barley and add it to saucepan of boiling water. Cook on the stove for 45 minutes on a low heat. Once the barley has absorbed all the water, cover the saucepan with a lid and leave to cool down.
- 3.Wash the cabbage and tear off the leaves. Drain the sweetcorn.
- 4.In a large mixing bowl use your hands to mix the barley with the pesto. Serve with a topping of sweetcorn, pumpkin seeds and cabbage leaves.