- Prep: 20 Mins / Cook: 65 Mins
- Serves 4
Perfect for meal prep or as an appetizing lunch, this healthy beet and bulgur salad is flavored with Thai spices, cinnamon and fresh parsley - delicious!Dairy Free
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Coconut Oil Coconut Oil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Red Thai Curry Paste Red Thai Curry Paste 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Bouillon Vegetable Powder Bouillon Vegetable Powder 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Sweet Paprika Sweet Paprika 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon Sticks Cinnamon Sticks 1/4 stick 1/4 stick
- Yellow Onion Brown Onion 2 2
- Garlic Garlic 2 cloves 2 cloves
- Raw Beet Raw Beetroot 1 1
- Raw Yellow Beet Raw Yellow Beetroot 1 1
- Water Water 100ml 4 cups
- Salad Tomatoes Salad Tomatoes 2 2
- Bulgur Wheat Bulgur Wheat 450g 2 cups
- Brown Sugar Brown Sugar 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Fresh Parsley Fresh Parsley handful handful
- Sesame Seeds Sesame Seeds 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1.Wash the beetroot and trim the stems. Place the beetroots in a saucepan of cold water, and bring to a boil, once boiled reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 40-45 minutes, until soft.
- 2.Read your favourite book or take a timeout for 30 minutes. Then wash and chop the tomatoes. Peel and dice the onion. Peel and chop the garlic.
- 3.Add the coconut oil to a skillet and heat on the stove. Once hot add the curry paste, vegetable powder, sweet paprika and cinnamon, stir for 1 minute.
- 4.Then add the onions and garlic, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 5.Rinse the bulgur wheat, drain off and add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 6.By now, your beets should be cooked and soft, remove from the stove. Let cool and then dice.
- 7.Now add the tomatoes, beetroot, brown sugar and a little olive oil to the skillet. Stir and cook for 1 minute, then add 4 cups (1 litre) of boiling water. Cover the saucepan with a lid, and cook on a low heat for 15-20 minutes (until the water has been absorbed).
- 8.When the time is up, serve with fresh parsley and sesame seeds.