- Prep: 10 Mins / Cook: 10 Mins
- Serves 2
Tasting better than the real thing and duck-friendly, this is a powerful recipe for vegan non-believers! Simply visit your local Asian supermarket and track down the vegetarian mock duck. With an identical taste and texture to duck and combined with chopped cucumber, spring onion and a drizzle of hoisin sauce, our vegan duck pancakes are sumptuously good!High Protein
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Vegetarian Mock Duck Vegetarian Mock Duck 250g 1 cup
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Chinese Pancakes Chinese Pancakes 8 sheets 8 sheets
- Spring Onion Spring Onion 3 3
- Cucumber Cucumber 1/2 1/2
- Hoisin Sauce Hoisin Sauce 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- Water Water 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1.Place shredded spring onion and cucumber on a serving plate, set aside.
- 2.In a small serving bowl, mix 3 tablespoons Hoi Sin sauce with 1 tablespoon water, set aside.
- 3.Drain the mock duck in a sieve, shaking to remove excess water then transfer to a chopping board and cut into 1-2cm thick strips.
- 4.Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan then add the mock duck and fry for 5 minutes until it turns golden in colour. Transfer the mock duck to a serving dish, set aside.
- 5.Steam the pancakes in a steamer for 3-5 minutes until soft (or 30- 60 seconds in microwave).
- 6.Serve your vegan crispy duck with Hoi Sin sauce, chopped cucumber and spring onion, and pancakes.
- 7.*Notes: You can buy the mock duck from most oriental supermarkets, they have mock duck and chicken in the same brand. The mock duck tastes superior but if they only have the chicken, it will do the trick as well. Pancakes are sold in most oriental supermarkets as well, normally under the frozen section with dumpling pastry and spring roll wraps. Or just ask the shop assistant for “the pancakes for duck”, they will know what are you looking for ;)