- Prep: 5 Mins / Cook: 20 Mins
- Serves 2
Who says vegans can't do junk food! Because our tasty vegan hot dogs topped with ketchup, mustard and punchy jalapeno are downright delicious and perfect for summer barbecue parties. Irresistibly tasty, meat-free and rich in protein, these vegan hot dogs will go down a storm!Dairy Free High Protein Under 30 mins
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- Yellow Onion Brown Onion 1 1
- Table Salt Table Salt 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp
- Brown Sugar Brown Sugar 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Balsamic Vinegar Balsamic Vinegar 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Vegan Sausages Vegan Sausages 2 2
- Hot Dog Buns Hot Dog Buns 2 2
- Jalapeno Jalapeno 2 2
- Mustard Mustard 2 tsp 2 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup Tomato Ketchup 2 tsp 2 tsp
- 1.Grill vegan sausages for 10-12 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
- 2.Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan on high heat.
- 3.Add sliced onion and fry for 2-3 minutes until the onion turns a slightly golden colour.
- 4.Reduce heat to medium-low, add salt, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar, cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5.Transfer cooked onion to a serving bowl and set aside.
- 6.Fill each bun with a vegan sausage and top with jalapenos and caramelised onion.
- 7.Serve with mustard and ketchup.