- Prep: 15 Mins / Cook: 30 Mins
- Serves 2
Light and airy chocolate waffles topped here with banana hearts, a gorgeous vegan chocolate sauce and almond flakes. We've plumped for banana but these delightful chocolate waffles go with any of your favorite fruits. A rich, wholesome and protein-rich breakfast option to kick start your morning - well worth a spot in your free meal planner!High Protein
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- All Purpose Flour Plain Flour 90g 3/4 cup
- Cornstarch Cornflour 30g 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder Baking Powder 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda Bicarbonate of Soda 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- Brown Sugar Brown Sugar 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- Table Salt Table Salt 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Buttermilk Buttermilk 180ml 3/4 cup
- Vegetable Oil Vegetable Oil 60ml 1/4 cup
- Organic Eggs Organic Eggs 1 1
- Vanilla Extract Vanilla Extract 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Coconut Cream Coconut Cream 120g 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder Unsweetened Cocoa Powder 25g 1/4 cup
- Maple Syrup Maple Syrup 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Coconut Oil Coconut Oil 2 tsp 2 tsp
- Banana Banana 1/2 1/2
- Almond Flakes Almond Flakes 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1.Place flour, corn flour, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, 3 tbsp of cocoa powder, brown sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- 2. Add buttermilk, olive oil and egg yolk to dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- 3.Whisk eggwhites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- 4.Gently fold egg whites into flour mixture to combine.
- 5.Melt coconut cream, 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat for 2min until creamy, turn heat off and stir in coconut oil until shiny and smooth. Store in a closed container until ready to use.
- 6.Preheat a lightly greased waffle maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 7.Spoon 3 tbsp batter into waffle maker and remove once golden brown and crispy.
- 8. Reheat cocoa sauce in microwave for 10min if hardened.
- 9.Top waffles with cocoa sauce and serve immediately.
- 10.Recipe yields 6 waffles.