- Prep: 20 Mins / Cook: 20 Mins
- Serves 4
Gnocchi sauteed in a garlic, butter and sage sauce is served with a wonderful homemade pesto combining roasted walnuts, oil, basil and parmesan. A wonderful vegetarian gnocchi recipe for your meal plan, high in protein and abundant in flavor!High Protein
* Switch between cup/oz and g/ml in Account Settings*
- Gnocchi Gnocchi 500g 4 cups
- Fresh Sage Fresh Sage 50g 1 & 2/3 cups
- Irish Butter Irish Butter 50g 3 tbsp
- Walnuts Walnuts 100g 3/4 cup
- Parmesan Cheese Parmesan Cheese 100g 1 cup
- Fresh Basil Fresh Basil 200g 8 cups
- White Wine White Wine 50ml 3 tbsp
- Shallot Shallot 2 2
- Garlic Garlic 4 cloves 4 cloves
- Lemon Juice Lemon Juice 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp
- Olive Oil Olive Oil 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- Table Salt Table Salt pinch pinch
- Ground Black Pepper Ground Black Pepper pinch pinch
- 1.First off roast your walnuts in a dry pan with salt until slightly browned and a delicious roasted smell materializes in the kitchen.
- 2.Let cool and combine in your food processor the basil, 2 cloves of garlic, 80g of parmesan, salt, pepper and a small amount of olive oil.
- 3.As you blend it's important to slowly add oil rather than add too much at the start.|Blend until desired consistency and add a squirt of lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4.Cook down garlic and shallots in olive oil until browned, if there is too much excess oil drain it off so it doesn’t burn the butter when you add.
- 5.Reduce heat, add butter and sage, cook on medium low heat until a nutty smell starts to infuse in your nose, at this point add the white wine. This stops the butter burning and creates a sauce.
- 6.Increase the heat and cook the Gnocchi until golden brown puffy pillows.
- 7.Remove from heat, add pesto, garnish with remaining parmesan, and desired herbs.